Vaaká are now both Ant+ and bluetooth compatable!
Vaaká sensors are lightweight, robust and fully waterproof, immersion tested to 3m for 24 hours. They can be used on both double or single bladed paddle shafts to capture the stroke rate and sophisticated power saving software means that even with daily use you will only need to change the battery every 1-2 years.
Vaaká cadence sensors send wireless stroke rate data to ANT+ and bluetooth compatible GPS training devices. Athletes can see their kayak stroke rate data in real time while training on the water. Boat speed is a product of stroke rate and distance per stroke. On water feedback of stroke rate allows more accurate identification of training intensity and better execution of training sessions. Post training analysis software can be used to review your cadence data and for in-depth analysis of distance per stroke use the FREE Vaaka Analytics software on this website.
Vaaka cadence sensors are now being used by kayak athletes and kayak coaches around the globe to extend the boundaries of sporting performance. Use real time cadence feedback to structure your kayak training sessions and see your performance improve.
- Ease of use, mount and forget.
- Easy attachment to any paddle shaft.
- Real time stroke rate feedback during training.
- Intelligent algorithm allows accurate stroke rate feedback even in rough conditions.
- Adds stroke rate data to other training metrics.
- All data, including stroke rate, is logged by the GPS device.
- Post training analysis of training metrics including cadence and distance per stroke.
- Compatible with all ANT+ Cadence capable GPS sports devices.
- Very low power usage.
- Robust and fully waterproof for the maritime environment.
Compatible ANT+ Devices
- Garmin Forerunner series version 310 and above.
- Garmin Edge series version 500 and above.
- Other Garmin ANT+ devices accepting the cycling cadence (CAD) input.
- Magellan Switch and Switch Up.
- Suunto Ambit 1 and 2.
- Timex Ironman Global Trainer.
- Globalsat devices accepting the cycling ‘cadence only’ ANT+ protocol.
- Modern Smartphones that come ANT+ enabled from the factory such as Sony Xperia.
- Other Smartphones can be ANT+ enabled using a Garmin. Wahoo, or Digifit attachment.
Required Smartphone Software
- Wahoo Fitness
- Sport Tracks
- Map My Ride
- Sports Tracker